Not only did suffragists have to work hard for the vote, but they also had to endure being physically twisted and conformed by society into what was considered a “desired shape.” Join the mother-daughter team of Velya Janez-Urban and Chris Urban for “Suffragettes In Corselettes: the Evolution of Underwear and Our 19th Amendment,” noon, Wednesday January 22, at the Rogers Memoral Library, 91 Coopers Farm Road, Southampton. For further information: 631-283-0774, ext. 523 myrml.org (Free)
You are here: Home / Suffragettes in Corselettes!
- Suffragist of the Month – February 2020
- Suffragettes in Corselettes!
- Suffragist of the Month, January, 2020
- Suffrage Comes to the Rose Parade!
- Test Post – Help!
- Suffrage Holiday Shopping!
- Suffragist of the Month- November, 2019
- Central Park Monument Honoring Suffragists Finally Approved!
- We Love A Parade!
- We Love a Parade!
- Suffragist of the Month – September, 2019
- March With Us In The Columbus Day Parade – October 13th!
- Happy Women’s Equality Day – August 26th!
- Suffrage Centennial News:
- Suffragist of the Month – August 2019
- Suffrage Centennial News!
- Suffragist of the Month – July, 2019
- One Hundred Years Ago Today, July 3, 1919
- Suffrage Biographies On Line
- 100 Years Ago today – New York Ratifies the 19th Amendment
Excellent, easy reading depiction of the woman suffrage movement.