Not only did suffragists have to work hard for the vote, but they also had to endure being physically twisted and conformed by society into what was considered a “desired shape.” Join the mother-daughter team of Velya Janez-Urban and Chris Urban for “Suffragettes In Corselettes: the Evolution of Underwear and Our 19th Amendment,” noon, Wednesday January 22, at the Rogers Memoral Library, 91 Coopers Farm Road, Southampton. For further information: 631-283-0774, ext. 523 myrml.org (Free)
You are here: Home / Suffragettes in Corselettes!
- An Inside Look at the Real Woman Suffrage Movement
- NEWSDAY HONORS DR. NATALIE NAYLOR!
- March is Women’s History Month!
- Save the Date! Sunday, April 11, 2021
- Celebration – 2020 Style
- More Good Reads for Tough Times
- Lillian Wald Remembered
- HAPPY WOMEN’S EQUALITY DAY!
- CENTRAL PARK STATUE DEDICATION TOMORROW!
- 100 Years Ago Today -VICTORY!
- SUFFRAGE CENTENNIAL – CELEBRATING -COVID STYLE
- Remarkable Woman the Month, July 2020
- THE VOTE – TONIGHT!
- THE VOTE – On PBS
- Remarkable Woman of the Month, June 2020
- THE VOTE! PBS Film Coming Soon!
- Remarkable Woman of the Month – May 2020
- Remarkable Woman of the Month -April, 2020
- Good Reads for Tough Times
- Hot on the Suffrage Trail!
Excellent, easy reading depiction of the woman suffrage movement.