Join us on Saturday, November 5, 2016, 9:30am – 2:30pm at the Walt Whitman Birthplace State Historic Site, 246 Old Walt Whitman Road, Huntington Station, NY 11746, (631) 427-5240 – For directions, please log onto their website.
Presented by: The Long Island Woman Suffrage Association, Inc.
Generously Funded by a Vision Grant from: New York Council for the Humanities
Next year, 2017 marks the centennial of New York women winning the vote, and we Long Islanders want to see this wonderful accomplishment celebrated with the attention it deserves. Join us to forge new partnerships, share resources, and brainstorm innovative projects that will bring next year’s centennial celebrations to life! There will be plenty of time for break-out discussion groups and for a lively exchange of ideas.
Conference speakers will include:
- Natalie Naylor, author of Women in Long Island’s Past
- Professor Brooke Kroeger, NYU, author or New York’s Men of Suffrage
- Arlene Hinkemeyer, League of Women Voters
- Ellyn Okvist, Lake Ronkonkoma Heritage Association, Woman Suffrage Parade Organizer
- Antonia Petrash, author of Long Island and the Woman Suffrage Movement
- Katherine Manning, Ideas for Teachers
- Michael Barnett – Margaret Fuller’s life
Coffee when you arrive, light lunch provided. No fee, but reservations are a must as space is limited. Please RSVP by October 15, 2016.
email@example.com – (516) 671-8218 – (516) 524-3322